Mike Kulick

by | Posted June 9th, 2014

Mike Kulick
Name: Mike Kulick

Graduating Year: 2012

Majors/Track/Minor/Specialization: Professional Writing Dual Specialization in Digital/Technical and Communities/Cultures

Current Job Title: Web + Digital Media Manager

Employer: Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (MOCAD)

Location: Detroit, MI

What does a typical day-in-the-life look like?

As the web and digital media manager my day starts with emails and the work that goes with them. Then I’m checking social media channels and scheduling content. Generally I work on the website along with that for the remainder of the morning. Sometime around lunch I try to get my writing projects out of the way, whether its a press release, e-newsletter, or outreach email. After lunch, editing whatever I wrote earlier in the day and responding to emails that have piled up since the morning. Lastly, I try to respond to the emails or make a to-do list for the start of the next day.

What are you most proud of accomplishing since graduating?

I am most proud of helping to launch the MMPGS website at my previous job as well as the revamped MOCAD Store .

What is your advice for current professional writing students?

Make sure to stay versatile and know what you are an expert in, what you understand, and what you can learn. Having that ability has made all the difference in the professional field.

Find out more at Mike’s website!