Bylaws and Committees
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures
The most current version of the WRAC Bylaws can be found here: WRAC-BYLAWS-5-19-21 (PDF)
Per the bylaws, standing committees of the department include:
- Bylaws and Elections
- Appointments and Equal Opportunity (AEO)
- Academic Hearing Board
- Equity and Justice
- Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure (RPT)
- Program committees:
- First-Year Writing Committee
- Professional Writing Program Committee
- Rhetoric and Writing Graduate Advisory Committee (RWGAC)
WRAC Administration and Committees
To view a full-sized PDF of the 2020-2021 poster of WRAC administration and committees, including details as to how each committee is populated and who is serving on which, please click the image or the link below.
The WRAC Advisory Council (AC) exists to represent the questions and concerns of department faculty.
Members of the 2021-2022 WRAC Advisory Council include:
- Elected: Acevedo, Astle, Blythe, Fraiberg, Houghton, Long-Smith, Medei, Potts, Troutman
- Grad rep: Teresa Williams
- Ex officio: Lauren, Lindquist, McArdle
WRAC AC meetings are open to the department (unless personnel matters are being discussed).
We invite you to seek out the members listed above if you have any questions or concerns you want to call the AC’s attention to.