The typical goal of many people over the summer is creating a summer reading list and slowly (in my case) making their way through it. While this is not the same for everyone, I’ve found an article posted by NPR of their summer 2013 reading recommendations. Categories include memoirs, books for teens, books to get kids exploring, and even books of poetry. My top five recommendations (granted, these are from what sound interesting based on the synopsis) are:
1) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
2) The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
3) The View from Penthouse B by Elinor Lipman
4) Give Me Everything You Have: On Being Stalked by James Lasdun
5) The Book of My Lives by Aleksander Hemon
Now get reading!